Thursday, July 13, 2006

Local Eatery

The young pianist and composer Adam Baratz has been an admirer of my work for some time. He has his own blog which occasionally contains some respectable musical ideas, though he does tend to dismiss the importance of dynamic markings. At any rate, he has often followed me around due to my status as a professor to be emulated, and he astutely observes that I can often be found at a particular restaurant very near the Hotel Cadillac.
Though I do prefer the Garbage Plate at Texas Hots (see sidebar), when I need to spend a few hours punching the cards for my TANDY Dynomighticon, I have been known to order a few slices of the pie that's named after me: The Heebie McJeebie (a white pie with hamburger, mango chutney, and blue cheese dressing).

If you are a famous composer, I invite you to post a comment below and let us know what your favorite food is.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Philip Glass said...

Vegetable Vindaloo with Roti

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Pauline Oliveros said...

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

12:29 PM  
Anonymous John Coltrane said...

A pizza supreme.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Michael Daugherty said...

Foie gras

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Brian Ferneyhough said...

One would hardly suspect it from anything more cursory than a profound and complete critical poststructuralist analysis of my musical compositions, lectures, articles and poetry, but my comestible item of preference is the tuna melt sandwich (thirteen in the time of fourteen).

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Meredith Monk said...

Fusilli

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Prof. Karlheinz Stockhausen said...

Saumagen.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Pierre Bouez said...

Saumagen.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Elliott Carter said...

Steamed cheeseburgers.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Milton Babbitt said...

Jello

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home